Teensyduino 1.22 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Teensyduino 1.22 has been officially released.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Here are the changes since version 1.21:

• Support Arduino 1.6.2 and 1.6.3
  • Update EEPROM and OneWire libraries
  • Add ADC and i2c_t3 libraries
  • Fix USB flightsim on Teensy-LC
  • Fix SPI.transfer16 & support SPI1 on Teensy-LC
  • Fix String(unsigned char) on Teensy 2.0
  • Add Serial.availableForWrite() on Teensy 2.0
  • Fix printing of long integers on Teensy 2.0
  • Improve USBtoSerial example
  • Fix harmless but annoying compiler warnings

Looking good for what I do on Windows.

I found simpler cases showing TeensyDuino not 'resetting' after error that can frustrate the system:
3.1 & LC online: Verify code for LC
LC Button : Okay, programmed
3.1 Button : bad : wrong MCU < Leaves TeensyDuino in odd state

IDE Verify [no change in 'Board' last compile was LC]
TeensyDuino Auto PROGRAMS given a Verify to the same 3.1 device with out Button.

Verify should never Auto Upload correct? After the Wrong MCU error I'd expect it to return to 'normal'.

Same happens with only LC online:
Verify for 3.1, push LC button: MCU match error
Click Verify and after compile TeensyDuino attempts programming without prompting.
{optional} - connect 3.1 and Verify - it goes Auto to LC: MCU match error
{optional} - change to Board:LC and Verify - it goes Auto to LC and works

I've seen the 'duplicate libs'* break in my compile twice now. It was triggered when I had a private build in my sketchbook\libraries folder.

Does having a private build require working in or removing the installed directory?

Once was a leftover copy of i2c_t3 that came out in 1.22, the other was downloading two variants of the maniacbug/RF24. In this case I just deleted an offending copy.

* New By Design feature <edit>

Last edited:
Does having a private build require working in or removing the installed directory?

* New By Design feature <edit>

Indeed v1.6.3 - by design. What is the way around to not show/create a duplicate library? Editing the install libraries in place has them lost on updating/reinstalling, and corrupts the source for comparison/reversion, it seemed that the sketchbook copy might take precedence on prior versions so that seemed the way to do it.

Yes, the sketchbook libraries folder is always supposed to override other locations.

The duplicate message can't be turned off. Perhaps in a future version is might be changed to only appear when you get a compile error. Maybe. I guess it'll depend on whether there's a huge outcry of annoyance.

The message is important. When you override another library, odds are very likely it will later break when other stuff in the core library or other libraries is uses changes. Usually that happens much later, long after you've forgotten about installing a copy in your sketchbook libraries folder. Then you'll be faced with incomprehensible compile errors about complex stuff deep within the libraries. The message is there to alert you to the fact 2 copies of the library exist in your install, and Arduino had to pick one.

Indeed - this would make evident misplacing folders like I did before with sketchbook. Maybe a #define PRIVATE_BUILD flag - your test could see that but might not get it to the linker with the right sources. I didn't follow through as I was not looking for that battle so deleting was the right course in this case.

This was to be an 'atta boy' confirmation that it is catching multiple cases in use, just wondered about a clean workaround - seems that would be to remove the secondary library, even if that is in the install tree.

Did you forgot to remove some debug ?

On 1.22 / OctoWS2811

Code:
void OctoWS2811::isr(void)
{
        Serial1.print(".");   <==============
        //Serial1.println(dma3.CFG->DCR, HEX);
        //Serial1.print(dma3.CFG->DSR_BCR > 24, HEX);
        dma3.clearInterrupt();
        //Serial1.print("*");
        update_completed_at = micros();
        update_in_progress = 0;
}

Where can we find older versions of Teensyduino, specifically version 1.22? That appears to be what the latest version of embedXcode needs.

Thanks!

Thanks Paul. The Version number in the Info window for that file is 1.21. And I downloaded the latest version of embedXcode and it works with Teensyduino 1.24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back