Freescale name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevech

The way I read the below (excerpt from press release), Freescale is taking the name NXP. Fuzzy on how long the LPC MCUs will last, or will be stirred into the soup.
I started with ARM MCUs some years ago with ARM7's from NXP. Their documentation was excellent - and that's very important.
=======================

The two companies' portfolios overlap primarily in only one [???] area, RF power products. In this case, NXP has decided to sell their RF power portfolio and keep the industry-leading Freescale RF portfolio. All other product families are expected to complement each other very nicely. For instance, the Freescale Kinetis MCU combination with NXP's leadership in connectivity and security [???] is an easy and obvious fit. The same is true for NXP's FM tuners and Freescale's i.MX and Infotainment systems. Another is NXP's leadership in secure ID and Freescale's secure Digital Networking processors. We see these natural junctions in each product group and we look forward to exploring more with you.

Once the merger is complete, our plan is to keep the NXP Semiconductors name and operate as one company under the NXP brand. We are committed to our growth product lines and look forward to becoming the largest automotive semiconductor company on the planet and the fourth largest semiconductor supplier in the world. The focus of both companies has always been high-growth markets and focusing on our customers' needs and this will not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back