Teensy-LC schematic posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulStoffregen

The Teensy-LC schematic has been posted on the website.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/schematic.html

I know several people have been waiting for this. Hopefully nothing in this schematic is very surprising!

schematic_lc.gif

Thanks for posting!

Will you offer preprogrammed MKL02Z32VFG4 chips, like you do with the MINI54's?

Moritz

Will you offer preprogrammed MKL02Z32VFG4 chips, like you do with the MINI54's?

Yes, preprogrammed MKL02Z32 chips will be available.

In a few months, we're going to switch Teensy 3.1 from the Mini54 to MKL02Z32. The preprogrammed MKL02Z32 will probably come out not long after that change.

Will the MKL02Z32 used for the 3.1 keep the same form factor as the old Mini54? I have a design using the Mini54 that'll be going through FCC certification soon - while I'd rather not have to get it recertified due to the chip change, I'd REALLY rather not have to redesign my PCB around an entirely new chip... Will you have a stockpile of the preprogrammed Mini54s for a while? Specifically the TQFP package.

No, the MKL02Z32 is a physically smaller size with different pinout.

Yes, we've got a substantial stock of the Mini54 in all 3 package types, to support people who've designed it in.

I just saw this, I hope for a long time.. I would hate to go and update a pca that fast..

Alright, one other question then - will Teensy Loader continue to recognize both types of chip? I could foresee myself ending up with two types of PCB, one MKL and one Mini54 - and it'd be nice if I don't have to have a different firmware updater for each 'type' (my end users wouldn't be able to know the difference).

Edit: What happened with the MINI54LDE? I thought that was going to be the MINI54LAN replacement part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back