Teensy 3.1 not reconize by Arduino IDE1.0.6

xarolium

Dear Paul,

First i well recieve my package after one month and half (that's the way when you live in a tropic island)
Since two hours now i'm trying to upload simple "blink" sketch on my boards (i've got to of Teensy 3.1) with Arduino 1.0.6 IDE installed.
I followed the tuto to install teensyduino 1.22 then open "blink" sketch, selected "teensy 3.1" board, i can' choose any serial port so i choose "RawHID" as USBtypeSerial.
I change the LED off delay to show the difference between blink onboard programme and mine.
Click on "Upload", arduino start compiling then upload and then tell me that "Done Uploading" but nothing change, the LED is still blinking 1s ON, 1s OFF.
I would like to know if i'm wrong but i believe that i should choose a serial port to upload sketch.

I testedboth board and i've got the same result
Please could you help to solve this ?

Best regards,
xarolium

So i found an issus by using Window 7 instead of my hacked Windows ultimate XP. I think the problem come from the usb driver because i could run programm as administrator.
so i need to reinstall Window 7 on my work laptop.

Or if you got a other solution...
best regards,
xarolium

Teensy is NOT a serial device during programming. Do not look for serial devices when troubleshooting programming, as you would with regular Arduino. More details here:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/troubleshoot.html

To test if your Teensy and USB cable are working, I highly recommend using on Teensy Loader. Do not bother with Arduino, just to test the hardware.

You can get Teensy Loader, without Arduino, here:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader.html

There are pre-compiled blink program for each system. You didn't say if you're using Windows, Linux or Mac, but the process is the same for each. Just run Teensy Loader. If using Linux, you must install the udev rules file, or run Teensy Loader as root, so it has permission to use the USB device.

A brand new Teensy should always blink, because we program the LED blink example here during testing. When you press the button, it should stop blinking, because it goes into programming mode.

When in programming mode, Teensy Loader should recognize the board. The "Press Button..." message should disappear from the center of the Teensy Loader's window, and you should see a clear image of your Teensy board. The buttons in the toolbar should enable too.

If the LED stops blinking, but you do not see Teensy Loader detect the board, try a different USB cable, hub, port. When Teensy Loader is running on your computer, it should always respond when you press the button on a Teensy.

Most importantly, do NOT look for serial ports as a troubleshooting technique. That does NOT apply to Teensy. In programming mode, Teensy is a HID device with ID 16C0:0478. It is NOT a serial device, so you will not see any COM port on Windows or serial device file on Mac & Linux.

As, glad you found the issue.

I've never heard of any copy of XP not working. Teensy Loader only uses the built-in HID driver, which is a part of all Windows systems.

xarolium - do other USB items work normally on same port? Flash drive? Some bugs like to hide USB things.

Back