Is there a way to start a program on the Windows PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiBfinity

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to start a application on the pc the teensy 3.1 is connected to?

At the moment, I just send some keystrokes to the PC. These Shortcuts (CTRL ALT....) launch an application that does what I want to accomplish. But as soon as there is a Browser opened in Fullscreenmode (F11), these Keystrokes won't get passed to the system. So my application doesn't start. That's why I'd like to start the application directly from the teensy.

Any ideas? : )

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks,

I don't know if it's the best way, but I managed to do it by sending a string to the pc (Serial.write("xyz")) and writing a Service on the Windows-System that listens to this Port and launches a program depending on the string it received.

Maybe this helps someone in the future...

My Windows code skills are rusty to say the least - can you post your solution, that sounds like it could come in handy.

You could have the PC start a program (Python) when Windows starts(Scheduled Tasks). And then this program runs in the background and talks to the Teensy.

I use Python on Windows. Pyserial to talk to Teensy over USBSerial. And look for a string that commands the program to do something. Python can open other programs (subprocess.Popen()).

TLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back