Select from multiple Teensies for updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackketter

Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ, I couldn't find the answer elsewhere.

I'm doing Teensyduino development on two projects, one Teensy 2.0 and the other 3.1. Both are connected to the same Mac.

How can select which Teensy to update when uploading from the Teensy Loader? It seems I need to only have one connected to reliably have the Loader update the Teensy that I'm targeting.

I'd be happy to disable auto-updating and have to push the hardware button in order to update the specific Teensy, but I can't see an option for this anywhere...

Any suggestions?

I'm using Windows so hopefully this also applies to Mac. I have two Teensy's hooked up to two separate USB ports. To update a given Teensy, I point the bootloader (teensy.exe) to the appropriate .hex file (drag the file onto the bootloader window works) and then press the button on the appropriate Teensy. Downloads to whichever part had the button pressed.

Not quite as nice as auto-update, but very workable.

Using C++ so both are called main.hex, so the easy way to tell which the bootloader is pointing to is by looking at the size. Have two directory windows open, drag the appropriate .hex file to the loader window and press the button.

-TLB

from the IDE you select VERIFY

That activates TeensyDuino with the path to the compiled result

Pushing the button on a Teensy provokes TeensyDuino to upload to that device.

I expect using the teensy exe to load a hex would follow through the same way

Yup, Verify and press the button is the best way.

The Upload tries to automatically reboot the first Teensy it finds. Which one it finds first depends on complex factors within each operating system, which might as well be random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back