Every Pin on Circuit Reading High

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Potato

Hey all,

I am having an issue with every analog and digital pin being buried at 1023 (T3.1); the inputs are a variety of knobs, piezos, and buttons. This is on a protoboarded circuit that worked just fine previously but I made some minor changes to it (swapping out some weak wires). If I jiggle the thing around slowly this behavior stops; it only happens at a certain angle so it seems to be a weird joint or wire cross, but I've never had such a thing that effected every input like this. (this happens on both USB and 4.5V battery power)
It makes me wonder if it's somehow receiving more than 5V via a short? So I figured I'd ask before leaving it plugged and trying to really troubleshoot it.

Thanks!

I'm not aware of any software-only way for such a thing to happen... so especially if the same software worked properly on your prototype, it's definitely time to start troubleshooting the hardware.

A first easy step involves simply using a multimeter, directly on Teensy's analog pin and GND, so you're measuring the same voltage Teensy sees (rather than connecting the leads at distant, perhaps more convenient locations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back