Reading from Multiple UARTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qing

Hello everyone , I'm very new to working with Teensy boards and I have some a question that I need some clarifications for. Thank you all in advance.
1) Is there a way to confirm that the UARTs are being read at a synchronized rate? (Serial1 and Serial2)
2) If no, is there a way to sync the two UARTs?

I don't understand this question.

UARTs are fundamentally asynchronous. That's what the letter "A" in UART means!

Maybe if you explained a little more about what you're trying to accomplish, I and others might be able to offer better answers or advice.

I'm trying to get readings from 2 seperate sensors into 2 seperate UART, is it possible to get the 2 UARTs to be getting data in a synchronized manner?

I am also missing the point. As I see it, the question is not for the Teensy. The question is can you synchronize the sensors to send their data at the same time? When the sensors send it at the same time, the teensy will read it.
Or do you want to timestamp the data as it comes and and are you worried about the FIFO?

I have done this where I had 2 serial signals being sent, even tho they came from the same source and required an echo back. Speed was 9600 and all was fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back