Teensy LC USB.SendSysEx handles only 13 Bytes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piwi

Hi!

I've worked all the time with usb midi on Teensy and i also send SysEx Information (max. 13 Bytes) from my MidiFlute to my PC. That worked wonderful. Now i have to expand my SysEx Message from 13 Bytes to 14 and it does not work anymore. All Information after the 13.th Byte is cutted and the Application get a failure on a incomplete SysEx Message.

At the moment i use Arduino 1.64 and the Teensyduino Betaversion to work with Arduino 1.64.

Any solution out there or it is a unknown bug ?

Regards

Peter

It's supposed to be able to send (Teensy to PC) any length, limited only by the size of the buffer you can allocate. Receiving (PC to Teensy) is limited to 60 bytes.

It might be an unknown bug. I just looked at the code and I can't see how it could possibly be imposing a size limit, at *any* size.

To investigate, I'd need a way to reproduce the problem here......

The bug is most likely in your sketch, not in the USB MIDI code which (on both Teensy 2/++2 and Teensy 3/3.1/LC) has a 60 byte buffer. Check your array declaration, your loop counter logic, and most importantly post your code or a cut-down version of your code which demonstrates the problem.

Thanks for the fast response. I solved the problem with going back to Arduino vers. 1.63 and normal Teensyduino (not the beta) and new EEPROMEx lib. After that, it worked ok now. But there was a question after investigating my code.
EEPROM.setMemPool(0, 1024); is ok for Teensy LC ?

Regards
Peter

Ahh, thank you. Good to know. I have read the specification as 1k EEprom and/or 8 K Emulated. Not as 128 Byte. Its not a Problem yet (14 Bytes), but may be at a later part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back