Teensy Audio Library, suggestion for AudioInputAnalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

tveenker

Hi all,

I'm playing around with the audio library (great stuff Paul). I'd like to suggest some minor changes to the AudioInputAnalog class.

With my hardware setup (Teensy 3.1, AREF at 2.5V, ADC input voltage 0..2.5V, DAC output voltage 0..3.3V) I needed the AudioInputAnalog class to use the EXTERNAL reference instead of the currently used INTERNAL reference. I suggest adding an argument to the constructor which allows one to select the other reference (see attachment).

What was also bugging me is the dynamic DC removal part. I know this is an "audio" library, but with the current DC removal in place I can't use it to read from slow sensors connected to the ADC. I'd prefer not to have dynamic DC removal. Given the power of the audio library, dynamic DC removal should IMO be implemented as a kind of filter. You simply include this filter into your processing chain if desired.
BTW, the current DC removal stuff uses a static attribute dc_average, which mean the DC in ADC's used mutually affect each others output.

Can I change (lower) the sampling rate the audio library uses?

Attachments

• input_adc.cpp
    6.4 KB · Views: 95
  • input_adc.h
    2 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back