Best Method of T3.1 Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosford

Hi Guys,

Did some PCBs recently, using the rear pins of the T3.1. I'd intended to solder male pins to the teensy (right angled on the underside pins), and use these to plug it into the PCB. However, whilst this worked, it was difficult to assemble and upon removing the teensy from the sockets, two of the pads on the underside ripped off.

Instead, for now, I was able to solder the teensy directly to the board which has made solid connections on the through hole connectors, although I'm not convinced contact on some of the bottom pads is particularly good.

All this aside, I believe the solution to be to permanently mount the teensy to some sort of breakout board which only uses through hole connections, although, I wonder, what would be the best way of making the connections between the pads on the underside to the adapter board?

Regards,
Cosford.

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have seen all these options in the past (with the exception of the arduino shield interface), although, soldering right angled headers still doesn't bode very well I don't think from a small-scale manufacturing point of view (50-100 units)? I just wonder if there's a better way out there to do it somehow.

Really want I want is a Teensy 3.1 but with no rear pads so they're all broken out into a longer board; unfortunately; it doesn't sound like that will be coming any time soon (if at all) =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back