Teensyduino 1.23 and Pink Anouk Edition and Free Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Here's three announcements, for the price of only 1 message!

1) Teensyduino 1.23 has been released. It's essentially the same as 1.23-beta2, with only one extra fix added.

2) A special Pink Anouk Edition Teensy 3.1 is being released this weekend. It'll only be sold at Sparkfun, and only a limited number are available. It's idential to regular Teensy 3.1, except for the color.

anouk.jpeg

3) Recently we got a huge number of extra header pins. For a limited time (until they run out), when ordering any Teensy from PJRC, you can type "free pins" in the additional instructions box. We'll give you free header pins to match the Teensys you've ordered. Do not add the part to your order, just type "free pins" in the additional instructions box.

Currently, we have plenty of 12, 14 and 20 pin types. As each runs out, I'll update this message.

I just installed the Arduino 1.6.3 IDE and Teensyduino 1.23 on Windows 8.1, and I can't seem to hide compiler warnings when compiling for the Teensy 3.1. I recently upgraded from 1.0.6 and some older version of Teensyduino (1.20?) but I completely deleted my arduino folder in program files so I don't think any of that is lingering around. I also deleted my Arduino and Arduino15 folder in appdata. I have the same behavior on two machines. Any ideas?

I prefer to err in favor of hiding those by fixing the issues mentioned, just sayin.

I'd prefer to do that too, but the warnings are in other people's libraries that seem to work OK as they are (*Points at MPU6050 Library*). Digging into them to fix them is somewhat out of the scope of my project...

Last edited:
I think the Arduino MPU6050 library included in i2cdevlib is the defacto standard.

https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/tree/master/Arduino/MPU6050

Some of the warnings are easy fixes, some of them I'm less sure of.

I also get a few warnings from OneWire about the variable "mask" being unused even though it appears to be used, but those I made go away by adding "mask=mask;"

Edit: I know the warnings are just cosmetic, I just wanted to make sure that showing them was by design, and not something wrong with my configuration. Eventually I'll get the libraries I'm using cleaned up enough to make the warnings useful to me.

Last edited:
Maybe https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25237-MPU6050-amp-teensy-3-1-problem is worth a look at this point.

Re: Warnings;

I happily ignore unused variable in anything I didn't write, I will ignore practically any warning from any section of any library which I know that I am not actually using but if there is any warning generated by anything I know that I am calling (or perhaps, that I can't be bothered to determine does not get called by anything I am calling) then I fix it so as to better define the outcome I want - rare is the warning without clear indication of the offending file, function (/object) and line number so it is hardly that arduous.

Rather than hiding the warnings I'd prefer them to be very verbose so I can rely on being told if I have written (or am trying to rely on) anything that foolish.

The first couple hundred pink boards sold very quickly. Since then, things seem to have slowed down.

But there's not a lot left. We're definitely not going to make more pink after these have sold.

I am just now seeing this post - I ran across the Sparkfun link when they had ~950 in stock - that number is now near 150. Check before was at ~175 - so they dropped faster for sure in prior days - though wouldn't expect to buy any next week.

Congrats on the 1.23 release - also missed that - even pointed somebody to the B2 thread the other day and it was not and still not updated there as RELEASED?: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28558-Teensyduino-1-23-Beta-2-Available?p=72373&viewfull=1#post72373

Ordered, one for her, one for my Daughter (sooo not interested so far but I keep chipping), and one for me :p

Warnings: After thinking about it a bit, I realized my project was being compiled from scratch every time I went to upload it, causing all the libraries I was using to generate all of their warnings every time, which shouldn't really be happening.

After cleaning out my temp folders, re-installing everything again, it started reusing compiled libraries as expected.

Now I can see all the warnings the first time I compile, and after that I just see warnings that apply to my code. This seems like the best of both worlds to me.

Sorry I can't be more specific about what fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back