Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Development

Development

Hi guys, I have been using the Arduino Pro Mini/Nano/Raw Atmega328 in embedded projects because it is so small, however I am running out of memory (Flash and RAM) as my program gets bigger.

I am trying to find a suitable replacement and wanted to know how easy is it to program the Teensy v3.1 ? What tools would I need?

Many thanks

Simple: you need a recent version of Arduino: 1.0.6, or 1.6.x... Then you need to download teensyduino (http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyduino.html)

Then you simply choose Teensy 3.1 as your board.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    Simple: you need a recent version of Arduino: 1.0.6, or 1.6.x... Then you need to download teensyduino (http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyduino.html)

Then you simply choose Teensy 3.1 as your board.

Kurt
    Many thanks. In the meantime I have gone and bought a few "Maple Mini STM32" this is another upgrade path from the Arduino Pro Mini. Maybe I will also buy the Teensy 3.1 and compare.

If you are coming from the ATMega328 then you may only need to get the Teensy LC (lower cost). It's still a significant upgrade with clock at 4x program, ram and eeprom are also quite a bit larger, but not quite as large as the 3.1. It may be all you need.

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by akis_t View Post
    Maybe I will also buy the Teensy 3.1 and compare.
    Yes, please do.

I'm pretty sure you'll find Teensy 3.1 has better compatibility with most Arduino sketches and libraries.