Teensy 3.1 not recognized by windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Dodson

I have a Teensy 3.1 and the audio board purchased from PJRC. Also connecting to an OLED graphics display. The display type is NHD-2.8-25664UCY2. I’m trying to make a hand held portable audio spectrum analyzer. Audio board was not connected at this time and was working on the display interface.
Things were going along nicely and I was making some progress. However, the communication between the Teensy board and the Teensy loader was erratic at times. I was unplugging and replugging the board from the computer’s USB port many times. Sometimes I had to restart the Arduino IDE. Sometimes I had to reboot the computer. After a while, the Teensy board was not recognized at all. I went to another computer with same result.
I then upgraded to the latest versions of Arduino IDE (1.6.4) and Teensy loader (1.2.3). Still, the board is not recognized by Windows. I’m using Windows 7 Professional.
Any help, comments, or suggestions would be most appreciated.

No. At this point there is nothing attached to the Teensy board but the USB cable. I'm sure the cable is good because I've tested it with other devices.

So, does anyone actually read this stuff? I understand that my Teensy 3.1 board is dead now. There is no reason for it. I believe it got programmed incorrectly and now there is no way to recover. And that scenario is ridiculous. I think it's a bogus product and I'm not in a big hurry to run out and buy another one. I'll finish my project with a controller that works. Thank You.

If the program you uploaded to it is corrupted or it does not work, you can force reset the Teensy by unplugging it, and holding down the reset button while you plug it back. If it works, you can then load a new program using the IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back