Teensy MIDI device name problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxcapto

Hi all,

I am using the Teensy as a MIDI device however, the computers decides to randomly recognize it as either "Teensy MIDI" or "USB MIDI Device." This is a bit of a problem because my audio software automation depends on the name of the MIDI device and when it changes, it knocks out my automation. I am running OS X 10.9.5. I am using Arduino 1.6.1. I would prefer not to post source code. Are these device name changes caused by bad code or has anyone else experienced this?

Please see attachment below for clarification.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks!

As far as I can tell (I've run into this issue as well) it's a strange bug in OSX 10.9 (and possibly 10.8). It doesn't seem to pop up in 10.10. The fixes I've managed for it are: You can try just hitting 'rescan MIDI' in the MIDI studio app, sometimes that works. Or, you can make a new 'configuration' (the drop down menu near the top right in MIDI Studio) and that generally works. Sadly there doesn't seem to be an automatic fix for this - at least not as far as I've found.

If you do find something, some setting to tweak, I'll be very interested!

I think I found a trick. :) You have to create a new MIDI instrument and send the output of both the Teensy devices to that. So it doesn't matter which device name the Teensy picks- it all gets routed to your newly created instrument that will only change names if you change it yourself.

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back