Keyboard Macro Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobalong

Hi,

Last year I bought a Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard, and, being a Linux user, was *extremely* dissapointed to find that its 18 Macro Keys required Windows-only software to work. At www.russo79.com I found a Linux version, and it worked well until my hard disk failed, backup was unreadable, and www.russo79.com is off-line. The currently available software in the Gnome15 project does not support the G510s.

So much for my tale of woe.

My project is to use a Teensy 3.1 as a generic Macro Box that can be connected between any USB keyboard and a PC, with no drivers required.
For that it needs to be both host and slave.
Can I use the USB Host Shield to connect to a keyboard and the Teensy's USB to connect to a PC at the same time?
I saw an earlier post concerning a USB Protocol analyzer which suggested converting both sides to serial, but I would really rather just go with USB.

Thanks

Thanks. The archive looks promising, but it only contains the mechanisms for getting the software. They all refer to russo79.com to get the software itself, and there is no response from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back