Programming teensy from Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you can't add custom libraries with the linked App I'm going to say that Teensy compilation is not going to work. Also note that App needs a PC to download the code through anyway, rather than doing it via the Ipad directly. If you are using a PC I'm not really seeing the advantage of having an Ipad screensize and UI involved in the process at all.

The only devices I know of that have any sort of deployment from within an Ipad are some IOT devices that natively have WIFI and thus cloud access. Getting to a Teensy would involve some interesting magic getting custom USB drivers running with the tablet in host mode which is while not automatically impossible would be crossing a fair number of hurdles.

While not sold on coding on a tablet, can see situations where being able to burn a pre-compiled Hex file to a device would actually be a useful feature for people with deployed Teensies but I'm not aware of such a thing.

Advantage would be being able to write and compile arduino code in a remote location where its easier to bring a tablet rather than a laptop

Probably easier if done with an Android tablet or phone. E.g., you can plug a USB to serial adapter into an Android tablet and it works.
This would be for the download, not the compile. That's best done on a remote host computer. But more likely the tablet is just used to push a .hex, not develop/compile.

Maybe if https://codebender.cc/ adds support for Teensy? :rolleyes:
No... I think teensy_gateway, teensy_postcompiler, etc. cannot be easily ported for online applications, iphone and ipad are terrible restricted to apple development tools and (if I remember well) apple have closed java and python to developers.

Last edited:
Ipads are for browsing the internet or watching a movie not for coding. I couldn't think of a worse platform to try and write code on!

Was wondering if it works even to program teensy 3.

Definitely not.

Five platforms are supported (4 with version 1.28 and earlier). Those are Windows XP+later, Mac OSX 10.6+later, Linux x86 32 bit, Linux x86 64 bit, and Linux ARM (raspberry pi & similar).

There is no support for iPads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back