Wiki Coming - Please link worthy posts

@Frank_B … After answering another question not covered on PJRC < attachInterrupt() > for T_3.x that I saw - I went to forum search and found a sample … then recalled the :: arduino.cc/reference :: Language Reference

That as noted - as are some other common things - not on the PJRC site … like analogReadResolution() … or they are confusing to read where T_2.x is still the focus of some pages.

It seems a good start for a WIKI could be to replicate that 'language TOC' - leave unfinished links to the Arduino.cc/reference - and one by one … like BOTH of those … where T_3.x/LC support of use them in non-AVR style they could link to Wiki pages with links to installed examples … or a simple Teensy runnable example?

That stuff should stay current as it is well defined - but expanded and unique to Teensy ways that are helpful.

With that core Language usage done then could come arduino.cc/en/Reference/Libraries - supplemented with the much longer list of things made Teensy Ready and included with TeensyDuino.

I think the Teensy community would really benefit from a public Wiki. I know that I struggle to find simple answers to simple questions in the forum and PJRC website.

Now with the release of Teensy 4.0, there's going to be even more information to be found.

So, I've thrown up a GitHub Wiki here:

https://github.com/blackketter/TeensyWiki/wiki

I'm planning on posting things as I find time. If anybody else wants to contribute, it's open for public editing. Please jump in!

Paul: I see that you have made the contents of the PJRC website available for download. Would you mind if any of the reference material (pictures, tables, snippets) were included in this wiki?

Noooo... don't create yet another repository, in yet a different place, with duplicate and even harder to find / search information! That is not the right answer. (IMHO)

We do need a Wiki, and hopefully one will be here, where all the original / seminal information is already, and should stay. External references pointing back to source information are fine, but please don't duplicate and create another location where stagnant information will just confuse future users.

Noooo... don't create yet another repository, in yet a different place, with duplicate and even harder to find / search information! That is not the right answer. (IMHO)

We do need a Wiki, and hopefully one will be here, where all the original / seminal information is already, and should stay. External references pointing back to source information are fine, but please don't duplicate and create another location where stagnant information will just confuse future users.

That's absolutely fair. I definitely want more organization, not less. And I'm definitely willing to pitch in, as are many others.

Paul: We need some leadership from you on this. It's really hard to find important information on the web site and in the forums. The excellent Teensy community is ready to step up and help but we need you to choose a place to get started.

Back