Trouble installing teensyduino on Mac 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixeight

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have installed teensyduino on win7 with no trouble. But I have an old Mac with OSX 10.6.8. Latest version of Arduino is not compatible. I did find version 1.6.0 which does install and start OK. Now I want to install Teensyduino, but I need to browse to the location where Arduino is installed. Where do I have to browse? No folder in Applications or inside the Arduino.app seems acceptible: the Next button is greyed out and remains that way.

My suggestion is going for Arduino 1.6.1 and the latest Teensyduino. That way, if you want to try a different IDE like EmbedXcode or Eclipse, you'll have no issues. 1.6.2+ are currently not supported by EmbedXcode, IIRC.

installing Arduino 1.6.1 resolved the problem. i could browse to the Arduino app and Teensyduino installed. I am a happy camper: now I can program my Teensy LC everywhere I go. Thank you guys.

Version 1.33 was the first to drop support for older than Lion (10.7). However, 1.32 had a bug where it may depend on settings from a prior install, so 1.31 might be the last viable version to actually install. To get to 1.32, you'd probably need to first install and use 1.31.

Arduino also dropped support for older than 10.7 with version 1.6.2. From 1.5.7 to 1.6.1, they actually had 2 different Mac downloads for older & modern Macs, so you'll need the one that is not "Java7".

For a brief time (I believe around 2006), Apple used 32 bit "core solo" and "core due" chips in a few low-end Macbooks. Those aren't supported. Neither are PPC chips. It might be possible to get Teensy 2.0 working with those, but there has *never* been any release with toolchain for the ARM-based Teensy 3.x boards that works on 32 bit Macs.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6837043

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back