Teensyduino 1.24 Beta #3 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've released version 1.24. No major surprises. The recently Teensy-LC optimizations and another minor fix went in, but otherwise it's the same as beta3.

..but you should install the newest launchpad-gcc in this case, it's a bit better with -O3

This will have to wait. There's no way I'm going to do a toolchain upgrade without a lengthy beta period.

On OS-X There is still the firewall request everytime I open Arduino

Try Ardiuno > Preferences and turn off the version check.

I had an issue with Time.h that might have been caused by Teensyduino. It appears there was a folder under documents "Time" that included DS1307RTC, TimeAlarms and original Time. That is why the compiler could not find it. I did not manually change anything afaik, so I suspect either Arduino or Teensyduino to have moved it?

Paul: Did a quick check here. All seems good on 1.6.5. Great work!

Read passed, Read 2048 sectors (1024K) in 1786ms
Even properly runs in host mode, no compile or run problems.

Just back home first Win 8 desktop now running Windows 10.

It runs what I was running before as far as I've gotten - not far.

Arduino 1.6.5 and Teensy Loader 1.24 working fine.

Runs TYQT and NOTEPAD++

SEARCH in Explorer seems faster - may just be this machine, but it worked. EDGE is Stupid, still like IE11.

You can get the ISO file to burn an upgrade DVD to do multiple updates without multiple downloads or waiting for an invitation.

Not sure if this is new from Win10 or IDE 1.6.5:

Running this code

Unplug T_3.1 and replug it powers blinking - but the IDE Serial Mon loses the Handle/Link to the USB, clicking the 'SerMon' icon opens a new window on the same port working? The same happens if I push the Program button - I now have FOUR IDE SerMon windows open on COM3 and only the LAST one is active.

I opened TyQt and perform the same tests (replug or Upload) and it maintains the port and keeps working.

NOTE: I have DevMgr open and COM3 is always the port, only a single active Teensy, It goes and quickly returns, even if I jump to a new cable end/USB port. Good sign for Win10 USB.

I think this shows the weirdness that I thought I didn't see before IDE_1.6.5 earlier in this thread - on this same machine that was Win8, good thing is Win10 seems to be better at the Device part, but the IDE is failing where TyQt is tracking fine.

On Win7 with IDE 1.6.3 and Teensy Loader 1.24b3 I don't see the Win10 behavior from the IDE.

Took IDE to 1.6.5r2 and released 1.24 TLoader: It works [re-power or re-upload ] on Win7x64

Is the Revision.txt the only way to ID the r2 build of 1.6.5? It shows on both. The Anomaly I saw may have been Win8 only and morphed for Win10? I'll have Win10 here soon enough.

Can TeensyLoader ID the IDE version in use? If that was in verbose and/or About it might help

Just pushed my Win7 Laptop to WIN10 - IDE 1.56.5r2 was there as was TeensyL 1.24.
<NOTE: No general issues on compile or upload>

I see the same p#34 Win10 behavior - an open IDE_SerMon goes offline on unplug.
> Replug T3.1 powers up running, but USB IDE_SerMon not re-stablished!
> Click IDE_SerMon button and a second window opens live on the sketch in progress.
:: Close IDE and both SerMon's close

This machine has IDE 1.6.3 and it shows the same NET behavior - the SerMon goes offline and orphaned.
> Click the SerMon icon and the same window is then used to re-attach to sketch in progress.

In BOTH IDE cases the SerMon comes back to same USB COM25, but doesn't get routed to the datastream in progress with Windows 10.

TYQT works fine to reconnect on T_3.1 repowering and UI ICON to trigger bootloader upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back