Arduino 1.6.5r2 (build 2015.06.08 3:34) teensduino 1.24, teensy3.1

Compiling the do nothing sketch:

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

ends with the message: Invalid library found in C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\arduino-1.6.5\libraries\Firmata: Library can't use both 'src' and 'utility' folders.

verification of the same sketch is ending with no error

compilation using Arduino uno board is ending without any error.

C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\arduino-1.6.5\libraries\Firmata

Are you sure Teensy is selected in the Tools > Boards menu?

When Teensy is selected, Arduino should use the copy of Firmata in hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Firmata.

The copy in libraries/Firmata (not in the more specific hardware/teensy location) should only be used when you have a non-Teensy board selected.

Are you sure Teensy is selected in the Tools > Boards menu?

When Teensy is selected, Arduino should use the copy of Firmata in hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Firmata.

The copy in libraries/Firmata (not in the more specific hardware/teensy location) should only be used when you have a non-Teensy board selected.

Of course it's selected, I'm struggling with a Teensy 3.1 lying on my desk.
I'm not using Firmata library at all. That's why I said the IDE for Arduino it's at least weird (to use kind words).

The message seems it does not interfere with the hex file functionality.

This must be a bug with Arduino itself. Teensyduino never touches the files in libraries/Firmata (in version 1.6.1 and later). If something is messed up in there, it not PJRC's doing!

I started to notice this as well, using 1.6.5.. Invalid library found in C:\Arduino\libraries\Firmata: Library can't use both 'src' and 'utility' folders.

I see that the issue is 1.6.5 issue.. Seems like it does not do any harm, but I using a very tiny program currently..

Wayne

I did a little test,

I removed the folder 'utility' from the 'Firmdata' folder.
No longer an error..

Wayne

Back