Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Can any one say what are the two black chips in the teensy board mentione in belw img

Can any one say what are the two black chips in the teensy board mentione in belw img

Name:  teensylc.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  34.1 KB

please let me know what are those two.

Find the Teensy LC schematic, second on page; https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/schematic.html
    Last edited by robsoles; 06-26-2015 at 10:23 AM.

The left one is the bootloader (MKL02), the right one is the MCU (MKL26Z)

Please note, as of this writing, the MKL02 boot loading chip is not available by itself yet. Paul has stated that he will eventually build the jig to program them individually as opposed to only programming them after they have already been mounted on a Teensy LC PCB.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    The left one is the bootloader (MKL02), the right one is the MCU (MKL26Z)
    I don't know if it was observed/discussed/confirmed already, but the output of 74LV1T125 (pin 17) is labeled VIN, which I do not understand. I belief this is a typo, as I recall that pin 17 is a VIN capable digital output pin and not equal to VIN

I agree that the labeling creates some confusion. But there are no typos.

The way I think about the PTB1 output is that of the standard in/out, digital or analog 3.3V only pin (labeled "17/A3" above).

The output labeled further down as "17 (VIN)" is a output-only pin (basically for driving the serial signal for 5V serial RGB LEDs using the FastLED library). Whenever the PTB1 goes HIGH, so will the output from the "17 (VIN)" Pin. The output voltage = VIN, hence the label used by Paul.
    Last edited by Constantin; 06-26-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Looks like a buffer so you have the ability of driving devices with more current (switch by logic)

Its not a typo, and it is a buffered output.

It is the logic level at pin 17, except boosted to whatever voltage is at the Vin pin. So if that is 5V, it will be a 5V logic version of pin 17.

If anyone has a suggestion for a clearer way to label that pin on the schematic, in the limited space available, please speak up. It is a little confusing. I'd like to improve it, so please let me know what you think would be clearer?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    If anyone has a suggestion for a clearer way to label that pin on the schematic, in the limited space available, please speak up. It is a little confusing. I'd like to improve it, so please let me know what you think would be clearer?
    I would let it as it is, but add to the webpage a line explaining that 17(VIN) is digital output only to be connected to VIN level logic (mostly 5V), while 17/A3 is standard (3.3V) port digital or analog, input or output. (I hope I got it right).