Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy LC as DMX Receiver

Teensy LC as DMX Receiver

Hello,
    Is there any way to use a Teensy LC as a DMX receiver ?
    I tried to use jmParis code, but It doesn't works
    Thank you

Yes, but you'll likely need additional hardware.
    Can you explain what you have tried and how you wired things up ?
    Also, a link to the code from jimParis would help.

If you had a Teensy 3.x you could try if it works with that.
    This next suggestion is just a guess. On of the includes in Jims code is
    Code:
    #include "mk20dx128.h"
    The Teensy LC does not have the mk20dx128 Arm microcontroller. Perhaps another include is needed.

Unfortunately, I only have a teensy LC :/

Another observation is that the Teensy LC does not have serial FIFO buffers, which the code from jimParis seems to use.

So in essence I still think the Teensy LC should be able to receive DMX, just not with the code you've chosen.

The other issue on Teensy-LC is the lack of a separate interrupt for UART error status.

Since this code was written, Teensyduino added an attachInterruptVector() function, which lets you override the interrupt functions in the core library. On Teensy-LC, that will be necessary, because the error conditions will trigger only the normal interrupt. Extra code will be needed in that normal interrupt to handle the framing error (which indicates the DMX start of frame break condition).

Thank you Paul !
    So should I start a new Serial connexion at 250000 bauds and reinit it when the error occurs ?

https://github.com/chrisstaite/TeensyDmx just updated his library. TeensyLC is now working with it (and Teensyduino >=1.28)

Another library that works with the Teensy LC: https://github.com/ssilverman/TeensyDMX

I just fixed the DMX receive problems in the TeensyDMX v3.2.0 release. There's a new v3.2.1 release that I've tested on a Teensy LC. Note that the Arduino Library Manager or PlatformIO might not detect the new release because it's not on the `master` branch; you might have to download it from the Releases page and extract it on top of the v3.2.0 library. https://github.com/ssilverman/TeensyDMX

The v4.0.0-alpha.1 release contains the same fixes, but some might be uncomfortable with "alpha" in the name.