Altium Library Teensy 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Here are files I received from Rick Farmer, only a couple weeks ago. Here's Rick's message:

Paul, nice job on the Teensy3.1, I’ve used it is several test jigs at work and toys for my kid. I got tired of soldering it to my target boards and finally recreated your design in Altium after failing to find it in that format out on the web. If you don’t mind I’d like to release the files for it to the public domain.

I don't use Altium, so I have no way to open or verify these files.

Attachments

• AltiumTeensy3_1_Altium_CAD_Files.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,055
Amazing ! Thank you Paul I'll try it now

Is there also a way I can get in touch with Rick. I would like to ask him a couple of libraries

Yes. Here are files I received from Rick Farmer, only a couple weeks ago. Here's Rick's message:

That's teensy 3 recreated as an altium project and Is very well done but doesn't have a library.

Did rick give you the lib as well ?

688, in Altium parts are embedded in the design files. You can use "Design->Make PCB Library" and "Design->Make SCH Library" to dump everything in a design into project libraries, so I didn't see the need and I wanted to keep the file size as small as possible.
-Rick

Paul, I cut the original Teensy3 clone schematic down to just what I needed and added some stuff to make a "minecraft torch" for my kid. I've only stuffed page 2 of the design to keep debugging as simple as possible and all I see is the reset line out of the mini54 toggling. The TQFP mini54 I ordered from you doesn't seem to be happy. Did I convert your published QFN design to TQFP properly? Any clues? I've attached a PDF copy of the schematic for this board and a scope shot of the reset line. It appears to be the only line that moves. FYI, the original Altium design package I sent you also has a PDF copy of its schematic as well.

Anyone else see a problem here? I want to get this design fully tested and debugged then release a full set of documentation. I'll also share the project gerbers over at OSH Park.

View attachment MyLight.pdf
View attachment ResetbScopeShot.BMP

-Rick

The first "signs of life" test for the Mini54 is to press and hold the pushbutton. Or if your custom board doesn't have a button, short the PROGRAM pin to ground in some other way.

While PROGRAM is low, you should see the RESET line remain low. There should be no pulsing.

The Mini54 is supposed to implement a pullup resistor on the PROGRAM pin, so it should return to 3.3V when you release the button or disconnect ground. Shortly after PROGRAM returns to 3.3V, the Mini54 should run the bootloader program. The MK20 crystal should start oscillating, though it's tricky to measure the crystal. A good quality 10X oscilloscope probe is needed (any probe in 1X mode, or a probe with too much capacitance will stall the crystal oscillator). Of course, the USB should start responding. If you don't have a USB cable connected, you should at least see one of the USB signals go to 3.3V, which is the signal to your PC that a USB device is present and want to be initialized (or "enumerated" in USB lingo).

Much of this info is pretty generic stuff, which has been written many times. You can find this and much more on the many conversations linked from the Mini54 page:

http://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mini54_tqfp.html

Scroll down to "Troubleshooting".

It's entirely possible you've found a new type of problem which isn't on that list. It's very hard to know, from only this info.

Will you please do something to help, once this is figured out? Please, after it's resolved, post a followup message here. Even a quick explanation of what was wrong, together with the rest of this conversation of what it looked like *before* anyone knew, can really help others who might encounter a similar problem. That's why all those links are on the Mini54 page, to prior conversations about the common issues and what finally ended up resolving them.

Paul, I didn't actually have the /PROG button installed. It didn't occur to me that the MINI54 wouldn't automatically jump to bootloader mode if the main MK20 processor was blank. It loaded my code, now it's time to finish assembling the board. Thanks.
-Rick

Success. One minor glitch. The surface mount neopixel, the WS2812B, has a "pin-1" mark that is really for pin-3! Ugh. Fortunately, I have a hot air rework machine...

I'll fix my library part then post the project's Altium files for anyone who is interested.

-Rick

Hi Paul

I need the teensy 3.2 CAD files. It will be very nice oioif you can provide these. Regards

Success. One minor glitch. The surface mount neopixel, the WS2812B, has a "pin-1" mark that is really for pin-3! Ugh. Fortunately, I have a hot air rework machine...

I'll fix my library part then post the project's Altium files for anyone who is interested.

-Rick

Oh wow, really wonderful. I know this is a 3 years reply, but in case you do get this I as wondering if you still have those files, or how would one go about doing that, as I have the student license for altium Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back