Class D Audio Amp Application (TPA2005D1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosford

Hi Guys,

The design I'm working on at the moment was using an LM4667MM Class D Amplifier, however, I've come to the conclusion that the very small pitch size makes it just too difficult to solder by hand (the design is intended for longevity and thus the ability to replace components is a requirement).
So I began searching for an alternative amplifier, with a larger pitch. Unfortunately, the best I've been able to come up with is still a 0.65mm pitch, but this at least is slightly more manageable. I dug out this amp (http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa2005d1-q1.pdf).

However, my analog electronics knowledge is way behind my digital stuff and I'd like some verification on amplifying the T3.1's DAC to it. My intention is:

DAC (0-1.2v) -> 10uF Electrolytic (+) ---- 10uF Electrolytic (-) -> Input Capacitor -> Input Resistor -> IN-
GND -> Input Capacitor -> Input Resistor -> IN+

However, I'm really unsure on how to select component values for the Input Capacitor and input resistors. There's also the unknown of the effect of the 10uF capacitor (as recommended by the PJRC audio design tool).

Can anyone give me a hand with this? I'm in a little over my head.

Thanks in advance,
Cosford.

So, You want the single ended input example. May I ask why you are using a class D right out of the gate?
The 10uF cap is to block any DC from the amp or Teensy.
Input resistors help set the input gain, (pg 3 of datasheet).
What is the voltage powering the amp? you have a 1.1V signal coming in already, so you do not need a ton of gain.
what you need is a high input impedance as to not load the DAC. It appears that this chip will give you that since it has the op amp buffer up front.

It would also be easier if you draw a schematic so we understand what you are intending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back