Which version Arduino IDE to apply Teensy++ 2.0 updates to

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfbu

I am starting a project where the teensy++ 2.0 is the most appropriate solution that I have found.

My project requires a USB host that can support an miniPCIe cellular modem on the D+/D- pins.

Any advice, in addition to the correct Arduino (1.0 or 1.6) system choice would be most appreciated.

the cellular modem likely has a specific API. Often these are held as proprietary. The OS driver for that API is probably controlled by the cellular carrier(s) who obtain it from the manufacturer or a selected 3rd part, under contract. Of course, those drivers would be for Windows and Macs; likely not Linux, nor an OS-less embedded system.

Or perhaps you've already researched all this and have identified solutions.

Modem module requires simple bytes in/ bytes out like async serial

the cellular modem likely has a specific API. Often these are held as proprietary. The OS driver for that API is probably controlled by the cellular carrier(s) who obtain it from the manufacturer or a selected 3rd part, under contract. Of course, those drivers would be for Windows and Macs; likely not Linux, nor an OS-less embedded system.

Or perhaps you've already researched all this and have identified solutions.

All i need is CDC modem support for standard AT command set to/from modem. Atmel Studio 6 has support for this but i am hoping to stay in the Arduino world.

Atmel Studio 6 has a USB host/CDC library for the 8 bit AVRs (Arduino) ?
Unexpected.

Or are you talking about USB host/CDC for the new Atmel Arduino-like ARM (D21) board?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back