teensy basic wiring and coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnyyn

Hi, i wanted to make something like the easy button but with a simple led button with a positive and negative wire. The function of the button is just to simulate a keyboard key (eg enter, F1, etc). But im not too sure what to solder what wires to what or if it needs another chip like for the easy button tutorial).

thanks in advance

Hi, i wanted to make something like the easy button but with a simple led button with a positive and negative wire. The function of the button is just to simulate a keyboard key (eg enter, F1, etc). But im not too sure what to solder what wires to what or if it needs another chip like for the easy button tutorial).

thanks in advance

Hi Johnyyn!

I would imagine you need to configure one of the analog pins as an 'input' and send one wire to that pin and one wire to the ground. Not sure how to do that since I am absolutely new to Teensy as well. I guess the Arduino forum would have more noobs there, and loads more tutorials. I'm not even sure how the Teensy differs from Arduino hehe.

Without going into too much detail, please check the two following links that provide instructions on how to simulate a keyboard:

So, you can use any pin (except the LED pin - 13 on the T3, T3.1 and LC, 6 on the T2). Just connect one pin of your pushbutton to the Teensy pin you'd like to use and the other one to ground (GND). Define your "Bounce" object and, in setup(), set the pin to pinMode(<number>,INPUT_PULLUP). Then follow the instructions on the USB keyboard page above.

Last edited:
May I ask you what programs are needed? I have downloaded teensy loader and somewhere I saw the aduino. however i dont not know where to what program i will use to type up/modify the code and save it as a .hex file

May I ask you what programs are needed? I have downloaded teensy loader and somewhere I saw the aduino. however i dont not know where to what program i will use to type up/modify the code and save it as a .hex file

You need the Arduino program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back