ld returned 1 exit status

mcipjvw

Hi!
Struggling through all posts related to the combiner error above I still cannot find a solution for it.
Yes, some posts did some suggestions, but they were rather old. I installed (Win8,64bit) the latest versions:

arduino-1.6.5-r2, teensyduino 1.24, Eclipse Arduino IDE V2.3

Compiling and uploading in Arduino 1.6.5 works.

Below you will find the complete error when I am building the "Blink" example:

Starting combiner
"C:/Arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections,--relax,--defsym=__rtc_localtime= "-T/mk20dx256.ld" --specs=nano.specs -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -o "G:/svn/Teensy/Test12/Release/Test12.elf" G:/svn/Teensy/Test12/Release/arduino.ar "G:/svn/Teensy/Test12/Release/arduino.ar" "-LG:/svn/Teensy/Test12/Release" -larm_cortexM4l_math -lm
c:/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe:--defsym:1: syntax error
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Test12.elf] Error 1​

I did not do specific settings, just the three private paths under preferences.

Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance. Martin

There needs to be number after "-Wl,--gc-sections,--relax,--defsym=__rtc_localtime=". Any integer will do, at least to get your code to compile.

If you try this in Arduino with File > Preferences set to show verbose output while compiling, you'll see the compiler command used by Arduino has a number in that location.

Thanks Paul for this immediate reply!
This was it indeed, but to be honest, not that trivial. This should actually be configurable somehow, with a default such that example code at least compiles.

Great job! Martin

Perhaps you should try the Arduino Eclipse IDE 2.4. The nightly builds are the most up to date. Stuff s very rarely broken in the nightly builds and when it is usually for some esoteric stuff that not so many people use. The Arduino Eclipse IDE supports really a very vast range of boards and configurations.

Al;so, if you suspect there is something wrong in the configuration of the Arduino Eclipse IDE, please post an issue on their GitHub repo.
Stuff is usually being fixed rapidly!

Hi all, I am using Arduino 1.8.0 and I do have this:
but sorry, I did not understand how to solve this..
thank you for your attention

Please take note of "Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue! "

Hi all, I am using Arduino 1.8.0 and I do have this:
but sorry, I did not understand how to solve this..
thank you for your attention

Not enough info has been provided here. What sketch? What was the complete associated error text leading to the error? Always helpful to know what Teensy # and version of TeensyDuino installed.

Back