Audio via nrf24l01 (or other RX/TX)? Robot project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunyViking

Is it possible in some way to send an audio stream over nrf24l01?

I'm making a robot (a small Dalek) and I want small, but powerfull, hardware. So then I need to use the Teensy 3.1, what else. And I have already made a voice changer to make the voice sound like a Dalek using the teesny. Next in line for the project is for me to transmit that voice wireless from the remote to the robot. Could I in some way use only one Teensy as a transmitter and an other one as the receiver with nrf24l01 (or something like that). I don'n need very good quality sound, as you all (should) know, a dalek's voice is a terrible sound, and low quality trasmission could help it to sound as is should!

I'm building the remote from scratch, what's the fun in buying off the shelf stuff when you can make something better yourself!

The point for me is to run the dalek with less amount of hardware, limited space (it's not bigger on the inside...). I don't want one Teensy as a voice changer, one as the transmitter, one as the receiver and running the motors/servos, and to top it all with some other kind of hardware to transmit and receive the audio.

I don't need to use the nrf24l01, but I already got a few of those. Ebay got what I need if I need other hardware!

If there is another way to archive this I'm all ears!

Sorry for being so bad to explain what I want to do, but.... ( I really got a lot of good excuses but you probably don't want to hear them all )

I came across this when I was working with those modules, although I haven't tested it myself:

http://tmrh20.github.io/RF24Audio/

Having said that, from a quick look, it seems to expect to sample an analog input using an ADC and transmit that, which may not be ideal for you, depending on how your voice changer works.
In addition, I suspect there may be some Arduino specific code in there too (although again, I haven't actually looked through the source), so may require some modification to work with Teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back