How to stop loading Teensy loader after compile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradajz

Hi. I am using custom board with ATmega32u4. Naturally, it doesn't have HalfKay bootloader, so I'm compiling code for Teensy 2.0 (in Arduino IDE) and then uploading it to board using USBasp. Now, every time I hit compile - Teensy Loader is opening. How do I stop that behavior?

Thanks!

I'd just minimize and ignore Teensy Loader and do a VERIFY build. That still starts the loader but doesn't make it FLASH like COMPILE.

You could do something more drastic like kill the EXE or edit config files - but that could cause trouble later.

Really, I'm pleased to see the open source code I've published is helpful for you.

All development of that code, and development of a lot more open source software, is funded by sales of Teensy. It's ok to use it on non-Teensy hardware, as permitted by the open source license. Asking for tech support to specifically modify it for non-Teensy hardware isn't specifically disallowed by the rules or license, but it kinda shows a lack of appreciation for the large amount of work that goes into published so much software, as well as the financial realities needed to make it possible.

Really, I'm pleased to see the open source code I've published is helpful for you.

All development of that code, and development of a lot more open source software, is funded by sales of Teensy. It's ok to use it on non-Teensy hardware, as permitted by the open source license. Asking for tech support to specifically modify it for non-Teensy hardware isn't specifically disallowed by the rules or license, but it kinda shows a lack of appreciation for the large amount of work that goes into published so much software, as well as the financial realities needed to make it possible.

Ah, I see. I'm sorry - didn't mean to disrespect your work! Teensy software stack is great - that's why I use it on my custom boards. Loader is just a minor inconvenience, but I can live with it.

I know this is an old post, but I was looking for this information and this was the best result I found. I ended up figuring it out by taking the information in the Arduino compiler output where it referenced "teensy_post_compile". I then searched the files for any reference to it and found it. If you edit the {ArduinoFolder}/hardware/teensy/avr/platform.txt file and comment out the line for the hook to teensy_post_compile, it will stop launching the Teensy loader.

I needed this because I was compiling using the Arduino command line options to output the hex file, but it still kept launching the teensy loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back