Uninstall windows driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickexists

I'm trying to include the windows serial driver installer into a larger installer. Is there a way to uninstall the driver so that I can test if my installer actually works?

While a Teensy is plugged in you may be able to nuke the driver in 'Device Manager'; if you can boot into safe mode and access the device manager you may be able to find and nuke it without having to plug a Teensy in.

If neither of those work you can take the risk which is messing with the registry, I am not going to give you tip one about doing it in the registry because I hate it when people indicate something I suggested led to having to reinstall Windows altogether.

Maybe you can install a copy of Windows into www.virtualbox.org and try your installer in that instead.

Yeah, when I say nuke like that I do mean your interpretation - it may be that the uninstall option is there, it may only be offering 'remove' or similar; take the strongest form you can find (uninstall should be strongest, but if remove is best offer it should suffice).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back