Power over ethernet parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for Teesy3/3.1 friendly PoE parts?
I have not been able to find any suitable ethernet modules that also contain the necessary powered device module, or space for, like the PEM1300 (Infomart) or Ag9200 (silvertel.)
The closest looks to be the Arduino Ethernet Shield which is based on the Wiznet W5100 and has a spot for a PoE module.

Ideal solution would be a small adapter for the teensy to provide both network and power (PoE) for small projects, for example a network attached/powered lamp.

I would like to hear your suggestions, maybe it's just a board not built yet, or perhaps a silly idea, but with a PoE supplying router, i thought it might fun to play with.

Regards, Aaron

It seems to be not much more than a special LAN-POE jack + step down converter (36V->5V)

let me know if you find something for power-over-wlan :cool:

Thanks for the links, Frank that MOD-POE-V2 is close to the mark, but would still need to be interlinked into a ethernet networking device, so might get a bit cabley, but that's sort of what i was thinking - just with the networking stack also on board - something like a wiznet module with Poe would be great.

Looks like another arduino version exists http://www.freetronics.com.au/collections/ethernet/products/power-over-ethernet-regulator-8023af to fit their arduino board.

There seems to be quite a few versions of the non-IEEE PoE addons like stevech linked about, which would do the job, and might be a more universal option, as i guess PoE isn't all that common in consumer equipment yet.

I started looking into what was around after getting some lifx smart bulbs (which i like) but looking a bit at the PoE ratings, quite a bit of power is available and thought maybe a smart light over ethernet would be a fun thing to try, or a network powered upnp audio renderer device.

But i guess PoE isn't really ubiquitous in homes yet, but with lots of wifi APs PoE now i thought there might be some adapter boards about, and i guess for most uses, wifi really has negated the need for a 'wired' home.
If Franks PoWLAN get a breakthrough, goodby wires all together! ;) i think Tesla was working on something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back