LabVIEW Support for Teensy 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_prince

I've used Arduino many times in LabVIEW, and was hoping there would also be support for Teensy. Upon researching online I've found that it's currently not available for T3.x, while it is available for T2.x.

Has anyone been able to integrate a Teensy 3.x into LabVIEW, other than doing serial communication from the Arduino IDE?

From initial testing it looks like LINX in LabVIEW works just fine with T3.1.

Some of the functionality I use mostly in the Arduino IDE that works in LabVIEW with no issues are:

• I2C Read/Write
  • Attaching Servo Objects
  • Reading pulseIn()
  • Writing microsecond pulses

It is important to note that in order for the T3.1 to communicate with LabVIEW, the firmware needs to be uploaded via the sketch that comes as part of the download. It cannot be done through the 'Firmware Wizard' within LabVIEW, rather needs to be uploaded from the Arduino IDE.

If the firmware doesn't exist yet, or you want to extend it, I am working on a library for high reliability serial parsing that's based on many years of dealing with trying to get LabView working with serial/USB controlled devices.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/3174...rmware-Library-and-Template?p=89267#post89267

With this framework, all of the functions you've described wanting would be fairly clean to implement.

Awesome! Thanks for following up. I'll be sure to check out the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back