New appallingly small utilities for Teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your battery. The effect of unplugging the USB cable is the same as if you connected the battery directly to Teensy VIN.

I'll check out the Adafruit site once I get my new board assembled.

BTW, I would be willing to send a few out for experienced ESP8266 users to test (that is, if the boards work at all). PM me if you would be willing. The price would be a complete report here on the forum.

It depends on your battery. The effect of unplugging the USB cable is the same as if you connected the battery directly to Teensy VIN.

Okay - I assumed there was a chip doing some voltage control, or perhaps low voltage cutoff to protect the battery. Have you tested that works on a T_3.2 with the LDO and lower voltages?

Last edited:
Haven't tested it on the T3.2 but I would assume it works just the same. Like it does on the LC. Maybe someone with a T32.2 can confirm this?

Adafruit and Sparkfun use the PH Series from JST on their lipo batteries.

Thanks for that. I've spent a bit of time trying to find matching parts. There are some molex connectors that are somewhat compatible which adds to the confusion. Pretty much found something that works well enough except for the socket contacts.

This info proved very helpful in case anyone else is looking for the connectors: http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/1531/help-with-connector-part-numbers

The crimpers are very expensive so that will be a home-spun job for sure.

Haven't tested it on the T3.2 but I would assume it works just the same. Like it does on the LC. Maybe someone with a T32.2 can confirm this?

I plan on putting one on a T3.2 once I get my proper connectors for the batteries. I'm not sure I understood what to test though. If you care to elaborate I'll check it when I have mine up.

Fit and function; don't expect any difference.

I buy my PH JST connectors from digikey by the 1000 lot.

Yep, I ended up ordering some connectors JST-PH parts from digikey. I noticed they sell some smaller ones which I was interested in, but they don't sell both matching connectors, just the headers for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back