Teensyduino Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

capricorn one

I'm trying to install Teensyduino 1.24 with Arduino 1.6.4 or 1.6.3, I've tried both at this point. The problem I'm running into is kind of strange, the installer runs and finishes without throwing any errors, but not all the files are replaced. I can't say which ones are updated or not other than the ones I'm specifically looking at, but the Ethernet library as a whole does not appear to update. I'm trying to use and Ethernet adapter (which uses the W5200 chip) and the support for that chip is only in the teensyduino files, but they aren't replacing the default Arduino files. But like I said, no errors being thrown by the installer. Anyone ever run into this?

I've tried deleting everything, starting fresh, no difference. I've also moved my Arduino directory from the C:/ to a local folder so no admin privileges should be necessary, also, same result. I've also tried turning off any virus software during install, same result.

Thanks in advance.

-Colin

Where did you look for the Ethernet library? The main path for libraries is "*\Arduino\libraries". But every platform/hardware (like arduino, teensy) can provide it's own set of libraries - so does the Teensyduino Installer. The folder with the teensy specific libraries is at: "*\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries".

Yup, look in hardware/teensy/avr/libraries.

Also, I recommend deleting Arduino 1.6.4, due to the compiler warning lockup bug. Use 1.6.3 or 1.6.5 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back