Expanding Touch Sensors on Teensy 3.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyA

I've just bought the Teensy 3.1 from Sparkfun and was wondering if anyone might have an idea about how to expand the touch sensing? I see that there are built-in touch sensor pins on the Teensy 3.1? Could the use of a multiplexor chip allow for more touch sensors?

Thanks for any advice.

TonyA

Note, in addition to the 8 touch sensors on the through hole pins (0, 1, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 23), there are 3 touch sensors that you can get to by soldering wires to the pads underneath the Teensy 3.1 (pins 25, 32, and 33).

You didn't say how many you needed. I'm no electromagician - but with the nature of the measured property multiplexing a native point to more would be problematic at best.

This sparkfun board adds 12 for $10 - or for a couple bucks more you could pair up an LC and get another 11 and much, much more.

You didn't say how many you needed. I'm no electromagician - but with the nature of the measured property multiplexing a native point to more would be problematic at best.

This sparkfun board adds 12 for $10 - or for a couple bucks more you could pair up an LC and get another 11 and much, much more.

I need 15 sensors. Will investigate, and thanks very much for the info and link!

TonyA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back