ADB with Teensy 2.0, USB Host Shield 2.0 / microbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

xload

Hello,

I'm interested in send ADB commands to my Android Phone using a Teensy 2.0 and USB host mini shield , I tested this library https://code.google.com/p/microbridge/ but seems to be old and doesn't work fine with new hardware and/or wiring (I followed this https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_USBHostShield.html) and changed the I/O pins in microbridge max3421e.h file but seems that it need reset and GPX pins for some operations and doesn't work, can somebody help me?

Best regards.

200 views... no answers?

... consider the alternative... unhelpful answers. I used the USB host shield a long time ago, tried to make it work with a GPRS modem. If it had worked, that would have been an awesome solution, but I never succeeded in getting code to work as expected. Oleg is an amazing individual... I wish he had help to abstract many USB transactions to the point where a simple library could allow an Arduino access to a GPRS modem, a USB stick, etc. AFAIK, that's still missing.

Part of the problem likely is that the USB Host shield would likely require a host MCU to do all that, with the attendant increases in cost, etc. which in turn would make the thing too expensive for the Maker market. Competitors like Sparkfun that copied the hardware (though imperfectly) and then send people to Oleg for software support don't help either.

Also answers "not possible" is a good answer. And it seems that USB Host with Teensy is not possible. You can not found any tutorial with a solution. It seems that nobody need it.

I've been trying to make it working since 2 days. My last try is to create a local server with java on the tcp 4567 port... and then let to connect the teensy via usb. No chance. Also with an Android device. No chance. And there is no help in the whole internet. Sad.

I will try an arduino nano with mini usb host board... maybe this is working, but the mini usb host board is hard to get.

I think "not possible" is a good answer, because then you can see nobody has an answer, and you don't need to wait for a solution at this place.

I've found a solution (around 7 corners). The problem is Android >= 4.2 ... (RSA) and someone coded a solution for this. But it's only working with Android Devices <= 4.4

Maybe the IOIO USB OTG Board is a good solution for Android >= 5.0, because it's working with all Android Versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back