Seeking freelance developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leslie

Looking for someone to join a fun easy project. I want to test the feasibility of a device on the Teensey 2.0. The requirements of the system have been developed. Easy to work with.

Thanks!

Leslie Heffez

Clarification

I guess posting more info would be better.... otherwise look's like a spam....

I am interested in building a microcontroller system using the Teensy 2.0 and recording on 5 channels electrical signals that would be generated (presence and duration). The device has to be limited in size. My thoughts were that the electrical circuits would be interrupted on the board and completed/connected for each channel when an overlying metal foil is pressed over the electrical circuit dedicated to that channel.

I hope that helps. Thanks.

Why the T_2 instead of the LC, cheaper, barely bigger (.1"), much more powerful and capable with more active/modern support. External electrical signals?

Clarification

Why the T_2 instead of the LC, cheaper, barely bigger (.1"), much more powerful and capable with more active/modern support. External electrical signals?

I'm not married to the Teeney 2.0 but the board has to be very small. The board edges can also eventually be re-engineered to be bent at right angles to reduce the width. I'm looking at the table of the board to be about 1cm wide ideally, but can play a little with this dimension.

The electrical signals will be generated directly on the board. A contact foil will lay over the board to activate each individual sensor.

Thanks.

10 mm width is quite challenging; this is the width of the micro USB connector on the Teensy. There are some microcontroller+embeddedBlueTooth modules (Cypress, e.g.) that might work for you. My advice would be to use something like a Teensy to breadboard your design, then it would be easier to communicate the project requirements to your free-lancer.

Thanks. I agree. Do you have any advice on a freelancer you could recommend.

Hope you-re enjoying the weekend!

Leslie

recording on 5 channels electrical signals that would be generated (presence and duration). ... the electrical circuits would be interrupted on the board and completed/connected for each channel when an overlying metal foil is pressed over the electrical circuit dedicated to that channel.

No matter who you hire, you're going to have to explain your needs much more clearly.

No reputable (honest) consultant should take on such an unclear and poorly defined project. If anything, they should probably first bid a smaller project just to investigate feasibility of your project, which is really just a nice way of saying your description is so lacking in details that much work is needed to merely get it to the point where a real project can begin.

Thank you.
These are the specs I'm looking for:
Small device: feasability to be tested and then miniaturized
Battery operated
Wireless capability: optional
Electrical signals from 5 different areas recorded as present or not and duration of the electrical signal.
Antennae located at each of the 5 locations. Surface area of each antennae covers about 5 x 7mm. Antennae serves as the sensor. Antennae are interrupted (no connection). Overlying ( opposing) antennae can complete the circuit when compressed onto the first antenna.
Downloadable data from flash/USB
Entire board would eventually be enclosed with a polymer.

Based on these details, could you suggest to me a reputable freelancer? I would appreciate it.

Most often, on small jobs, I have to extract the requirements informally (verbal, email) from the "client" customer. Then I write the functional spec (brief), performance spec, definition of deliverable hardware/software/docs, acceptance criteria. Scale these up/down depending on scope of work - hours or days to get spec/SOW.

If these can't be had, then the consultants like me work only on a time & materials basis, not a firm fixed price. Or phased until the requirements aren't fuzzy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back