Animate GIF playback with Movie2Serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCharlieBrownx

Hello,

I've been searching around for quite a while and couldn't find an answer to this question. Is it possible to output animated gif files through movie2serial to a teensy running the octows2811 adaptor and VideoDisplay sketch? I tried converting my gif to avi and mov, but the quality is severely affected and I would like it to display the original animation without any quality loss ( the gif is the exact dimensions of my LED array ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sam

It's possible, but the only code that exists is written for Linux on the PC side and it's not really well documented. It's also hard-coded for specific number of pixels and boards, so not highly flexible code like movie2serial.

You can find the source code here: (ledvideo_07.zip)

http://www.dorkbotpdx.org/blog/paul/maker_faire_2013

It reads a webcam and overlays multiple animated GIFs, and sends to 2 Teensys running VideoDisplay.

In a perfect world, such code would also work in Windows and Mac, and would automatically adapt to any number of pixels and Teensys (like movie2serial does), and be well documented, and.....

If you improve this towards any of those ideals, I hope you'll consider sharing it with the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back