Teensy 3.1 and STM32F7-discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumotoy

Some days ago I got a STM32F7-discovery board for 40 buks, really impressive amount of stuff in it but really soon I realize that coding for STM stuff it's not my wave, really messy, again this increased my love for Teensy.
Btw I got the display, touch, usb and Audio stuff working and I used the backside arduino pins layers (that actually it's 3v3 volt!) to accomodate a pcb with a teensy 3.1.
The purpose it's generate audio with Teensy and send I2S to STM to use it's DAC, screen, touch and use I2C to send some command to Teensy. I got the STM work and succesfully decode USB audio, I can even use a graphic equalizer, SDIF works correctly but still working on I2S (by using one of the 3 wolfson input on the STM board).
I know, it's crazy and over-complicated, the plan it's do something like a synthesizer (when I have both chip succesfully connected), I've post this because I gost some success with ST board so things are less impossible now, it can result in a nice combination expecially because the 2 boards are tied together and not so much wires around.
If someone interested I can post some pictures...

PS
Before run to buy a STM32F7-discovery please understand that ST cpu's are used a lot in the industry (mostly because are 'cheap' and powerful) but I know many arduino/teensy enthusiasts that buyed discovery series boards (the stuff ST fit it's impressive for the price) and now are accumulating dust because it's really a mess to program, forget arduino IDE or first class Teensy support, forget contributed libraries, you need to deal with tons of files and ST libraries. At the end you will love your Teensy even more but you risk to ave a dust-accumulator in your laboratory.
I've done this mistake in the past for Texas boards and even IDE like Energia was not enough, now are in a box somewhere, waiting to be considered obsolete. The work of Paul and contributors to Teensy it's a value that have no price!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back