Delay between Xplane and Teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aitor11

Hi!,

Lately I've been working on learning how to connect real 737 parts to my Mac and X-plane. I've been pretty successful and I have a group of buttons, gauges and annunciators working. The question I have and I'm not sure why is happening, is that I get a delay of approximately three seconds between the moment an annunciator dataref changes from 1 to 0 (integer) and when the teensy turn off the light (the same is true with only a led or in the final circuit connected to a relay). It only happens to turn it off, the other way around from 0 to 1, to turn it on, works without any problem. What I may be missing?

Thanks in advance!

Aitor

Well, it could be almost anything. Maybe something in your code? Maybe using the wrong dataref?

I can tell you there's no 3 second delay anywhere in this system, unless a plugin on the X-plane side is added it, or unless you're unintentionally adding the delay on the Teensy side.

Perhaps the Show Communication window can help you to see if X-Plane really is sending the dataref update to Teensy when you expect. Perhaps very simple code which only reads the dataref and prints to the Arduino Serial Monitor (run X-plane in a window, not fullscreen) can help you to diagnose the problem?

Thank you for the reply, I checked and the communication is working ok. I can see the change at the same time in the dataref editor and in the teensy communication window. I also checked for a delay in the code but I did not find one. Maybe something else is wrong in the way I wrote it as this is my first time doing it.

Maybe try a brand new, minimal-size program that only listens for that 1 dataref and immediately prints it to the serial monitor.

If this is a problem within Teensyduino (which is unlikely), you'll need to post such an minimal-size program here to demonstrate the problem. If it's a problem in something else you're doing, at least a minimal program will give you a confirmation everything else works, and perhaps put you on the path to discovering the trouble.

Last edited:
Sure, why not. I've updated the web page with a link to the source on github. Not sure how much that's going to help most X-Plane users who don't have a software dev environment set up to compile it.... but the link is there.

The "target" folder of the Github repository holds a fully compiled binary for all architectures (Windows, Linux and OSX, all in 32 and 64 bits). X-Plane calls this a "fat plugin", it's a specific directory structure with 5 files.

Also, I have zipped these files in a single archive.

So, no need to compile...

(I had posted this earlier already, but somehow I managed to delete that post, so here it is again...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back