Teensy Audio Board + I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuzzer

I am using The Teensy Audio Adapter board (https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html) for my project. However, I also this Teensy work as a slave device and communicate with another Teensy through I2C. I tried doing that and it didn't work. I was able to set the Teensy up as a slave device and it would work fine. However, as soon as I plug in the Teensy Audio Adapter board and start using "Audio.h", it stops working.

Is there any way I can use both the Teensy Audio Adapter board and allow it to talk with other devices on the I2C?

I tried using the other I2C bus, but that requires the use of the I2C_t3 library. I couldn't get it working with the Audio.h library.

Any idea on how I can solve my problem would be appreciated.

Last edited:
In theory I2C is multi-master, but few people use this. Your troubles might be due to a bug, or it could be something you did wrong. I can't help with either until I know how to reproduce the problem.

I figured out that the I2C communication only stop working when I called sgtl5000_1.enable(), which has a Wire.begin() in it.

I am not sure what part of that causes the problem though.

I have only seen example of multi-master communication by having each master initialize with Wire.begin(#). and not Wire.begin(). How does it it work when one device has to begin with Wire.begin()?

I have a problem with a OLED on I2C..

When i use a scketch without audio settings the oled works fine, when i put a the audio code the OLED don't work.

If i use:

display.begin(SH1106_SWITCHCAPVCC, 0x3C);

the audio board don't play and also the OLED is black.

Together it's impossibile, why?

it's all on the same i2c wires..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back