Audio Board SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenDanville

Hi everybody!

I just bought an audio shield, a Teensy 3.2 and a Sandisk Ultra 8GB card (from a reputable store here in Australia).
I tried the Audio player sketch and nothing played to attached PC speakers so I tried the hardware testing SDcardtest sketch and it said "SD card is not connected or unusable :-("
I figured a Sandisk Ultra would have a good chance of working, is there anything I should try instead? would it be worth trying another of the same card?

OR
Is it more likely I've stuffed something up with my inexperience? the only pins I havent soldered are the "GND" and "MIC" pins at the tail of the audio board, I (probably naively) thought the grounds would be chained on the board? (I realised this while I'm away from home so can't immediately test that theory)

Thanks for any tips or solutions!!

Pretty much any SD card should work. Even the cheapest Chinese Sandisk counterfeits at least work in the test and are able to play 1 file.

Something is probably connected incorrectly. Maybe post a photo?

Double check you've got the boards lined up properly. The MIC pin should be above Teensy's USB connector.

Thanks for your speedy reply Paul the ammount of support you give really goes above and beyond.
Even though the unit is at home I know for a fact that I naively had this 180 degrees the wrong way. I wrongly assumed that the GND pin next to MIC would line up with the GND pin on the tail of the teensy. I mustnt have paid enough attention to the documentation.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back