Halloween is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a Halloween teensy project?? I'm not done with mine yet, racing to the finish...

Likewise, I'm finishing mine. I'm retrofitting one of my steampunk cameras to have an electronic shutter controlled by Teensy. Normally it will display random patterns on 2 neopixel rings. When you press the button, it will make the rings go all white (in theory for a focus assist lamp, but the neopixels probably aren't bright enough to help), and activate the 1/2 press shutter action (focus). When you release the button, it will engage the full press shutter action (fire), and then play a random Halloween sound effect (screams, creaking door, and perhaps the most scary the theme from It's a Small World played on an accordian) on an Adafruit Audio-FX board.

I'll post pictures later.

<edit>
I seem to have shorted something out (it looks like the Audio-FX and not the Teensy, sigh) Oh well, I'll have to fiddle with it after Halloween.:mad:

Last edited:
Halloween... I went to my next-door-neighbor's party and became wasted with pumpkin stouts and single-malts.
And so this is that.

.... Still picking glue out of my hair....

First, the project that gave me so much trouble, aka, the Space Turkey
Space Turkey.jpg

It's spaceship was not completed 100% due to the high winds here on Thursday night demolishing the turkey and requiring a redo on Friday.
UFO2.jpg

As usual, the Vampire Pig was there. This year, the whole family re-painted it.
Vampire Pig.jpg

Here is a yard pic... not all creatures are in it... sorry. Had to use fixed prime lens.
Yard1.jpg

And last but not least, the robot. Can't take credit for it, someone far more artistic than I put it together.
Robot.jpg

Took a better video of the FastLED library running on a Teensy LC:

Last edited:
For this halloween I made two 3d printed Daft Punk helmets.

Used a teensy-lc to control the lights on each helmet with a bluetooth module to control the lighting patterns using my iPhone.

I needed to rush on the last day, but it was fine at the end.

Daft Punk 1.jpg

Daft Punk 2.jpg

Thanks Guys!

The visor is vacuum formed by the way (homemade vacuum forming machine, made for this project) and the mold is 3d printed. Buying a 3d printer was the best thing that I ever did...

I highly recommend, and if you can, get a lulzbot one, I'm not being sponsored and anything, i bought mine, and really like it, the community is great, 100% open source, etc...

Teensy-LC was a great choice for handling the lights, with the built-in 5V level shifter to drive "smart leds" (WS2812B) it was very easy to do it all on the last day, no kidding... all electronics was made on the last day, a nightmare of wiring, crimping, and soldering... I could not get the helmet as I wanted, I'm planing a full led matrix on front of both visors to display some animations, let see how that goes...

This year, I went a bit lower tech. Built a 17' diameter ferris wheel. Several neighbors, friends, and colleagues helped!
Yard 2016 copy.jpg

It spun... Glowed nicely at night thanks to the fluorescent paint on it. Credit for kraken, snake, and troll go to others, the eye of Sauron now hangs behind me at work... with my Boss' name under it. Happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back