Teensey 3.2 Teensey Loader 1.24 Issues

OK, I have the following observation concerning T32 programming:

I use win8.1 and a custom modified teensy_loader_cli, that allows me to download the same hex file to multiple Teensies on USB.

All teensies run blink (blink_31.hex) with USB-serial activated.

attept to re-download blink_31.hex

case1: single T31 on USB hub: no problem, Com disappears, hid comes up and programming starts
case2: single T32 on USB hub: COM disappears but hid does not come up (loader cycles around teensy-open()), needs pressing Program button
case3: T32 AND another teensy (T31,T32): one teensy after the other will be programmed fine.

adding delay before usb_init did not change this behavior.

I attach my cli-loader with blink_31 for others to reproduce.
I do not publish source code of loader, as it uses reboot code from Paul, of which he stated that he will not support, and I cannot support it.
(Also there are other cli loader around that are more professional than mine, which is specific tuned to my needs, and Windows-Only)

I acknowledge that my configuration is not typical, but I find this behavior, if verified, interesting and maybe useful for Paul.
Paul, if you wanted to investigate (after HaD) , send me a PM for modified loader code.

Attachments

• teensy_loader_cli_05-11-15.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Just saw 1.26b3 out with delay(250) - I downloaded, but did not install this yet - will do that now on my 1.6.5.

I've done a couple dozen T_3.2 compiles on my Win10 and it has not shown any problems - with IDE 1.6.5 and its SerMon like I have seen on occasion - like the day I went from T_3.1 to the T_3.2 and it did the hang thing in 14 uploads. My qBlink above not showing setup() print would be a problem only if the code hangs without getting the USB up to then to show - which is exactly when you need it most.

So the short quarter second added won't apply, but won't hurt as it takes that long to see USB anyhow. And whatever other issue is lurking has some cause but obviously related to something else I do that I don't often repeat.

Back