Teensy upload and the arduino eclipse plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jantje

Hi
Jantje here; the author of the Arduino eclipse plugin.

There is a problem with the arudino eclipse plugin related to the serial monitor and the upload for teensy.
The problem is as follows
When the plugin uploads to teensy it runs following commands
Close the serial monitor connection to the teensy board being uploaded
Launch [full path]/teensy_post_compile -file= ...... -reboot
Reconnect to the serial connection

The problem I have is that teensy_post_compile (when not running) is not closing after the upload according to eclipse(see more below).
As fas as I can see teensy_post_compile starts another program and returns.

There are 2 work arounds in the plugin I see possible
1 is to manually close uploader after the upload/reboot is done
2 is to to do a upload to the teensy before opening the serial monitor and keep the teensy_post_compile open

The first work around is cumbersome and a teensy_post_compile may disappear after another screen.
The second workaround is probably the best but -apart from timing issues- needs training/documentation ....

I was wondering ... would it be possible to add a flag to teensy_post_compile so it shuts down after the upload/reboot?

Best regards
Jantje

PS teensy_post_compile -h does not show a option

is not closing after the upload according to eclipse
On the command line I get the prompt back quickly when running teensy_post_compile but I guess it spawns teensy which does the actual upload.
The Arduino eclipse plugin uses the java process builder class http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/ProcessBuilder.html which -on linux- waits for all child-processes to finish. I found no documentation on how to do differently.

I don't think it is related. This is a request for functionality while the link you refer to is a bug report.

It seems that Paul was busy with preparing a conference and workshop in the last days. Hope that he'll have an ear for that from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back