Teensyduino 1.26 Beta #3 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like my problem was just a part of a bigger issue involving the windows bug "Virtual Store" (which is mis-labeled as a feature). I would save new versions of files into the programs directory and, when I went to open them again or compile my sketches with them, they would be the OLD versions. I finally figured it out.

I can imagine quite a few other people have similar problems with this 'feature'. Do a search for "TAKE OWNERSHIP" and then own the whole programs directory. I did that and ran both installers as administrator (just in case) and I'm up and running. Now if we can get that ALL or NONE library thing sorted out...

It looks like my problem...

I stopped doing Windows installs a couple weeks into using Teensy ... just download the ZIP. Then unzip it to a neutral location. I created a spare drive partition where I unzip it, I have multiple installs there as needed with the still evolving 1.6.xxx family. Install TeensyDuino pointing to that drive/directory. Then put the sketchbook folder in another unrelated neutral location. The Sketchbook is safely shared among installs.

The IDE seemed to be fighting me early on with some hardcoded and undeclared expectations when installed that messed with things. Doing un-Zip setup avoids that. Taking it and sketchbook outside "Programs ..." is another bonus.

I've never run into the "TAKE OWNERSHIP" issue as such - but the "Programs ..." dir is specifically designed to be hard to write to for the safety of your computer. I suspect doing that voids that 'sand boxing' that keeps unwanted hackers from wantonly having their way with your executable files.

I have a strange issue with 1.66/1.26 but I'm pretty sure it's a fault of the arduino compiler...

In some library I'm using there's #include <memory>, this cause the following issue on Arduino 1.66:
Any function used in Setup() and defined after it will trigger an error (your function was not declared in the scope...), I have to define functions 'before' setup.
But here's the weird thing, this is true only if I'm included <memory> (or it was included in any library)!
Some minute ago I try to compile for several processor and have same results, this is clearly a sign of something wrong in arduino 1.66 and not teensyduino portion...
I'm starting really hate 1.66...

Last edited:
Teensy EthernetUDP is missing begin.multicast()

Since Arduino 1.6.6 the Ethernet library supports multicast in EthernetUDP.cpp and .h.
That support is missing in Teensyduino 1.2.6.

Over the past 2 or more years I've usually added the small additions manually to the Ethernet library with each new release of Teensyduino.
It would be really nice to get this into Teensyduino.

Multicast is a pre-requisit for the EthernetBonjour library , which works really nicely with Teensy boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back