Something fishy? ESP8266-12E $1.94 @1ea free (slow) shippng?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I've been reading about what MCU is used in the later dash numbers.
Has to be one for which GCC has a back-end, I think, given the IDEs in use.
Tensilica?

I also came across an announcement of a next-Gen board ESP32 (not shipping yet).
Has 400KB of RAM to address that complaint.
http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/11...r-wifi-bluetooth-4-0-le-and-more-peripherals/

But to the original post.. Price so low because someone dumped an inventory or some such? Fairly new part though.

Last edited:
$2 including shipping is a common price on ebay. $6 for something that looks like a teensy (USB port and more pins). It's not ARM, but still an amazing deal for something that can be programmed with the arduino IDE.

I order stuff from China all the time. China Post usually gets to me in Las Vegas in about 2 weeks. If you want to pay an extra buck-fifty, you can have it delivered via ePacket, and cut the time in half.

Though bear in mind with the seasonal holidays, it may become worse until the end of the year as people will be buying stuff for Christmas/Hunukkah/Kwanzaa, etc. Then in early February you have the Spring Festival where many sellers shutdown to be with their own families.

I'm glad I started with Adafruit's ESP8266-12 with Lua et al pre-loaded. This let me get it running right away and then start to learn more.
No baud rate struggles. No pin jumpers to reflash.
Straightforward instructions on how to reflash for using C, and reverting.
Then using one of the ESP8266 software tools eliminates time wasted in guessing.
The naked boards from random garage shops over there are indeed cheap to purchase. Not cheap with your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back