Will Paul's SPIFlash library work with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they look compatible to the std jedec chips. I guess you can simply solder it to an audio-shield if you own one. Or 6 of them to my mentioned "memory-board". Or a breadboard.. or 5 of them on my "FlexiBoard"... :)
I don't know the US$ price for the 23LC1024 but i guess it is cheaper (128KB)

so I would like to think that those chip are compatible with regular SPI Serial Flash library. What do you think ?
Nope. , Not compatible to FLASH. As i said, the commands seem to be compatible to RAMs (did you read my post ? :)

The commands are different.
I posted a link to a library...

Last edited:
Oops, sorry it was 3:45am when I replied I missed some parts of your answer ;)
I'm gonna check that.

Nice work Frank with the library. That's cool. Can you push and example of use on your Github ?
Also, if I understand well only the Fujitsu can be compatible with your lib while the Everspin is not, am I right (sorry I don't have all the necessary knowledge, I'm still learning about all this stuff)

Thanks !

Serialflash4 board

Hi
I orderer some of Pauls Serialflash4 boards wanting to give some flash memory a try. I didn't realise the size of the pull up resistors (I presume). Does anyone know what size these are, I am dubious if they can actually be soldered by hand.
Many thanks for any help.

Oh, those are tiny 804 4-up arrays. Really hard to solder!

If you populate the board with just 1 of the 4 chips, the resistors aren't needed. Or you could add code in setup() to drive the unused pins high.

The resistors just keep the other 3 chips unused (and unable to interfere) by pulling their chip select pins high.

Many thanks for the prompt replies.
Paul, Will just add code to the setup and give that a try.

Will also order some of you boards Frank. thanks

I saw a few posts about the MRAM chips from everspin. I wrote a library for these if anyone is interested in using them. I built in shift data function to use as a FIFO and be able to shift in the data size of your choosing.

Attachments

• keywords.txt
    777 bytes · Views: 113
  • MRAM.cpp
    6 KB · Views: 129
  • MRAM.h
    1 KB · Views: 126
Fujitsu F-RAM support on SPI

Hello,

Here a library I developed for the Fujitsu F-RAM MB85RSXX memory chips. I need to add some examples but there is one that demonstrate how the lib is working.
I hope it could help some users.
FRAM_MB85RS_SPI is available on GitHub

Tested it on Teensy 3.1 and Teensy 3.5 (120MHz - SPI MAX CLOCK 28MHz / 96MHz - SPI MAX CLOCK 30MHz)

Here the results for 28Mhz SPI on Teensy 3.5

Code:
FRAM_MB85RS_SPI created

Write protect management: inactive
Memory Chip initialized

** F-RAM Device IDs
Manufacturer 0x4
ProductID 0x300
Density code 0x7, Chip density 1024KBits
Max address : 0 to 131071 / 1FFFF
Device identfied automatically
   Execution time: 135 us

** READ/WRITE BYTE (uint8_t)
Read Byte in memory, 
   Execution time: 11 us
Restart = 5 times

Write Byte (8Bit val): Restart
   Execution time: 14 us
Read after update: 
   Execution time: 10 us
Restarted = 6 times

** READ/WRITE SHORT (uint16_t)
Write Short (16bit val): IndexS = 12224
   Execution time: 17 us
Read after update, 
   Execution time: 13 us
IndexS = 12224

** READ/WRITE LONG (uint32_t)
Write Short (32bit val): IndexL = 15485224
   Execution time: 16 us
Read after update, 
   Execution time: 15 us
IndexL = 15485224

Paul, I do really love your Teensy 3.5 board, it is awesome!

Last edited:
Hi Thebigone,

Is there any chance you could share the schematic of connecting N25Q00AA13GSF40G ?
I believe, I have an idea, but electronics is not my strongest part and I've already burned one Teensy 3.2 trying to increase current for SD card on audio board... <- haven't even noticed when it happened :D

I would greatly appreciate any hints.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back