Can't get Teensyduino software to load against Arduino 1.6.6 as of 11/9/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrider

I ordered a Teensy 3.2 today. I've been using Arduinos from pre_v1.0 until v1.05 (for years). But I wanted to load latest Arduino version before playing with my new Teensy. I intended to use it with my present Uno's and Mega's to see whats new and dust off the cobwebs in my brain before the Teensy arrives. I loaded Arduino 1.6.6 (80.6MB) which erased my former versions. I also downloaded the Teensyduino file (52.7MB). The Teensyduino.exe starts up ok, gives the initial screen, installs the USB driver, then asks to select the Arduino folder. No matter what or where I point to (in the folder selection dialog box) it never displays the "Next" button. The "?" (question mark button) shows that various versions are not matched ! But none reference version 1.6.6 --- So: is there a way to install against v1.6.6, even if manually ? Or, do I need to uninstall 1.6.6 and back down to a older version ? If so, what is the latest version of Arduino that Teensyduino will load to ? --- Thanks. (BTW, this is my 1st post here)

The Teensyduino versions are tightly coupled because the installer makes very specific and extensive modifications in order to support some new processor types and to fix bugs. The upstream Arduino maintainers historically haven't been quick about accepting patches.

The Teensyduino versions are tightly coupled because the installer makes very specific and extensive modifications in order to support some new processor types and to fix bugs. The upstream Arduino maintainers historically haven't been quick about accepting patches.

Gotcha. Thanks both of you for the info. I went ahead and backed down to 1.6.5 and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back